Thursday, August 14, 2008

Picanha and Fraldinha

Last night I went to Em Chamas for a nice birthday dinner. Delicious. Incredible. Un-fucking-believable. I've been one time before (last summer after I passed state boards) and have been dreaming about it ever since. If you like grilled meats then you'll like Em Chamas (unless you're some weird pinko commie vegetarian). Hell, even my non-adventerous brother-in-law liked it.
Anyway, the basic concept is you pay one price ($30) for a gourmet all you can eat appetizer/salad bar and as much grilled meat as you can eat--beef, lamb, turkey, pork, sausage, salmon, chicken. All the meat is served to you at the table, sliced right off the skewer and onto your plate.



Random grumblings.
Just me, but I think the Olympics lost a little something when they added:
Basketball
Baseball/Softball
Ping-Pong
Badmitton
Horseback Riding (unless they give the medals to the horse)
2 kinds of Volleyball (they can keep womens sand V-ball though)

Oh yes, FYI
Picanha
Fraldinha

2 comments:

Janet said...

you had a birthday? Happy birthday!

GB, RN said...

I seem to remember us having a conversation in the past about this restaurant. Looks tasty. We should round up the 66 Crew and go.